I have partnered with Nectar Mattress for this feature
Teens and sleep? Can we ever get it right? They have their cell phones and music. We tell them they need good sleep, but do they listen? Do they turn off their phones and headphones? We can all assume they don’t. I can tell you how much sleep a teen needs and you can relay that all you want but it won’t get taken seriously. The best we can do is set them up for a good and best sleep possible for when they do finally drift off.
We just had a Nectar mattress delivered for our 10 year old and I feel a lot better about him getting proper sleep with a proper mattress combined with the right bedding, temperature and lighting. Those are things I do have control over.
The Nectar mattress fits right in the middle between soft and firm and those growing bodies need the support. You get all that is needed for a comfortable sleep with this mattress with its 5 layers. These comfortable layers are what makes it a top-reviewed mattress by many who have tried it!
- The top Layer is Tencel Cooling that works to circulate air and wick away heat as you sleep. This layer is bedbug resistant
- Quilted Gel Memory Foam contours your body so well and the gel cooling foam is quilted together for added comfort
- Gel Memory Foam. Yes! Another memory foam layer that distributes your weight for relief of pressure on your body
- Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam gives the crucial rebound and bounce for the ultimate body support
- Breathable Base Layer is the bottom layer is the stability that reinforces the contouring of your body
It arrives very well packaged and is ready to sleep in very quickly! See our unboxing video below:
Tips For Your Teen To Sleep Better
- Even if we can’t make them fall asleep, give them that quiet time so they are in bed at least 8-9 hours before wake up time. This means guiding them to finish homework and any chores earlier in the afternoon. Once they begin to find jobs, try to lead them to not volunteer for any late shifts on school nights. Training them to start ‘turning off’ at a certain time is sometimes the best we can do to guide them to a good sleep time.
- Invest in proper bedding. Especially the athletic child, they need the best support to relieve stress and battle pain areas while they sleep. Having a mattress and pillows that are quality really is the difference between comfortable and OK sleep.
- Do a quick room check each season. If their room gets hot in the summer, get them quality fans or small AC units. Even a ceiling fan can be quickly installed for proper circulation in a poorly vented room. Make sure they have dim lighting near their bed access so they don’t resort to having the room light on for their needs. If you keep a lamp by their bed they will most likely use that so make sure the bulb inside is dim.
- The right bedding can make all the difference. There are a lot of options for cooling sheets that work to wick heat away from the body. Teens seem to just sleep hot so there is affordable bedding out there that will fight that for them as they sleep.
Nectar Mattress Sale
Nectar Mattress Giveaway
One lucky reader will win a Nectar mattress of your own (size of choice). Open to US and ends on 3/30! Good luck.