Living near Seattle we are very familiar with heading into the city for a day of fun. There are so many things to see and do especially if you have kids. If you are moving to the area or planning to visit, I first recommend getting a copy of Seattle Family Adventures: City Escapes, Day Trips, Weekend Getaways and Itineraries for Fun-Loving Families by Kate Calamusa.
We live north of Seattle and a lot of our family is south of Seattle so it makes the city a gathering place for us for birthdays and occasions. We just recently celebrated my Dad’s 70th birthday with the entire family beginning with the Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room then dinner at Cutters Point. We topped it of by riding the Wings Over Washington exhibit on the pier and a waterfront walk.
10 Seattle Activities To Do With Kids feat. Seattle Family Adventures Guide
- Woodland Park Zoo – www.zoo.org – watch for ‘rainy day’ discounts they often offer
- Seattle Great Wheel – www.seattlegreatwheel.com – must like heights and gorgeous views
- Safeco Field and Centurylink Field – Seattle Mariners (MLB), Seahawks (NFL) & Sounders (MLS) games
- Firehouse Coffee – in Ballard neighborhood – When you need a coffee break and the kids need a play yard
- Wings Over Washington – www.wingsoverwa.com – this is brand new so not in the guide (next to the Great Wheel)
- Blue Highway Games – www.bluehighwaygames.com – they have tables to stay and play board games as a family
- Underground Tour – www.undergroundtour.com – ages 6+ 90 minute tour of the city…underground.
- Pike Place Market – www.pikeplacemarket.org – currently getting a fantastic update, browse vendors and shops. The home of the famous Flying Fish market
- The Museum of Flight – museumofflight.org – do the kids like war planes and a NASA training rocket? Must see.
- GameWorks – www.gameworks.com – surrounded by many fantastic restaurants, there are over 180 games with a bar and big screen so Dad can catch his game while the kids play
If your family loves sports, I highly recommend attending a Seattle Sounders or Seahawks game while in town. They say around here that if you enter Centurylink Field as a visitor you will leave a fan. Seattle loves its teams and the pride is plentiful inside one of the loudest sports stadium.
**MLS Seattle Sounders game tip: If you score Sounders tickets, head to Occidental Park 90 minutes before kick off where Pre 90 starts with guest speakers and they will announce the starting 11. The last one we attended my son won a hat (above photo). At 60 minutes prior to kick off the crowd starts marching to the field with popular chants. If you are going to the game, this is a must do! Scarves Up! Want to see a video we made of the Pre 90 experience? Watch it here!
Find these activities and so many more in the book, Seattle Family Adventures.
Welcome to our profile, the #1 online essay writing company. Can you write my essay cheap and fast? absolutely! We also do customization from scratch to ensure the highest level of quality. Need someone with the skills and experience to help you with your essay? Contact our company. We’re doing a good job!