Jump to recipe
Pressure Cooker Recipe – Chicken Mexican Soup
Let me start by saying that when you take a spoonful of this soup it is so full of flavor you can just skip the extra carbs in toppings. I love topping chilis and soups like this, but I found myself not craving a bit of cheese or sour cream making this a very low carb soup in 30 minutes!
Loaded with nothing but beans, veggies, chicken and low-sodium broth it was a hit in my home. I looked over several recipes online and every one I saw included some sort of ingredient I didn’t have so I opened my pantry and started throwing things into a pot and magic was made. More recipes like this HERE!
Instant Pot Recipe – Chicken Mexican Soup
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can (2 cups) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 standard can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 standard can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 standard can of low sodium kernal corn
- 1 standard can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small jar or about 1 cup of black bean salsa
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning
- Open all canned ingredients. Rinse and drain any and add into Instant Pot
- Place chicken breasts in pot sprinkled with a little S & P.
- Pour salsa and taco seasoning in then the broth. Give it a stir around the chicken, coating the chicken well so it is submerged.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 3 minutes. I like to natural release for 10-15 minutes but you can release right away
- Remove Chicken and shred then place back in pot and turn on Keep Warm mode until ready to serve
© 2023 Recipe created and owned by Author
What did I use to make this recipe a success?