Sample sent for feature
Wednesday August 24th is National Waffle Day and we are celebrating with Van’s Foods. Also celebrating with Van’s Foods is Joy Bauer, Registered Dietician. Joy was featured on the Today Show and she is helping bust Mom’s tackle the hectic morning routine. She has a great selection of three 5-minute waffle recipes.
Joy’s Morning Hacks
- Keep a stable of go-to items in your pantry and refrigerator to provide nutritious, quick options. Low-fat Greek yogurt, eggs, nut butters, berries, bananas and grapes are all great on top of Van’s 8 Whole Grains waffles—super easy, kid-friendly and filling.
- Think ahead. If you plan breakfast the night before, you’ll eliminate 50 percent of the stress during the morning rush. No one expects moms to whip up from-scratch waffles or pancakes on a chaotic weekday—keep it simple, decide what you’re serving the night before, and you can spend less than five minutes on a filling, wholesome, delicious breakfast in the a.m.
- Presentation is important. Anything that says “fun” is appealing for younger kids. If you take a Vans whole grain waffle and use good-for-you ingredients to create a happy face on top, you’ll have happy eaters. Kids can help with assembly—let them choose their toppings or match their waffle face to their mood. You can use blueberries for eyes and raspberries, cherries or a kiwi slice for a mouth. You’ll be smiling, too, as you watch how quickly they gobble it up!
- Make your morning meal a triple threat. Since parents tend to have full control over what their kids eat for breakfast, it’s important to make it count. The winning combination includes ample fiber and protein, while minimizing sugar. That helps stabilize blood sugar and provides fuel and sustenance to make it through the morning routine.
- Plan “me” time. Be strategic and sneak some breaks while parenting— whether that means a walk with a sleeping child in a stroller or timing kids’ screen time to coincide with your workout. Every mom knows that a little “me” time makes you a better parent!
The Giveaway- 1 lucky reader will win a Van’s Foods Package. Open to US and ends on 8/31. Enter below