I was sent VIP coupons for feature
On the weekend of July 15-17, Seattle is celebrating its traditional Bite of Seattle. We have attended in the past and plan to attend again this year. It is a day of fun food, booths and my son will run through the Seattle Center fountain if it is a hot day. I am excited to find the Jennie-O booth at the Bite of Seattle while there as they feature their new recipe- Seattle Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps available to attendees. Find the recipe here!
Until the Bite of Seattle weekend, I used my Jennie-O lean ground turkey in a recipe I saw online. I made Cheeseburger Onion Rings and they were so delicious! I love the guilt-free feeling of using lean turkey as a meat option in recipes.
Ground Turkey Cheeseburger Onion Rings Recipe
as seen at Tasty’s-revised ground beef for ground turkey
- 1 lb Jennie-O lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ lb cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350℉
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-centimeter rings, and detach the rings from each other.
- Take a spoonful of the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring.
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
2 lucky readers will win Jennie-O VIP turkey products coupons. Open to US and ends on 7/14. Good luck.