How is your car holding up this summer? Is the floor full of sand, the interior have melted chocolates from the sun and snacks the kids left on the seats, the windows covered in hot, sticky hands marks? How about the outside? Is it too hot to get outside and really clean the exterior as well as you like? Drive through car washes are a minimal wash so let’s get that car clean!
Meguiar’s is my husbands go-to for car care and has been for years! He works corporate for a major auto retailer and of shelves of products he sees everyday, he always comes home with Meguiar’s products and the garage shelved prove it.
Here are some car care tips below that Meguiar’s shared with me on how to keep your car odor and mess free the rest of the summer.
- Protect your interior surfaces: Great memories are made having your children join along on a road trip, but spilled food and drinks can easily spoil your precious interior. For quick clean ups on surfaces like rubber, vinyl and plastics, you can use a product like Meguiar’s ® Ultimate Interior Detailer to clean and offer protection. Meguiar’s ® Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is the choice for immediately removing stains that may have affected floor mats, fabric seats, and other carpeted surfaces. Also read: How to Clean and Detail Your Car Interior
- Maintain streak-free visibility: The cutest members of your family may think it’s funny to leave fingerprints or smash their faces against the car window, leaving evident smudges on the glass. By simply spraying your window with a quality glass cleaner, like Meguiar’s ® Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner and wiping with a high quality microfiber towel, the blemish will be gone in no time and your little ones can go back to being cute as ever.
- Crumbs…crumbs everywhere: Whether it’s Cheerios, Goldfish, or graham crackers, kids love munching on their favorite crunchy snacks in the car. This inevitably leads to bits of food all over your ride, with crumbs making their way to the most hard-to-reach crevices. Meguiar’s recommends vacuuming all cloth surfaces regularly to get rid of the leftover snacks and have your interior looking just like new. Remember, frequent car care is easy car care.
- When there’s no time for a car wash: From bird poop to tree sap, there’s always a good chance on a road trip that your car will get something on it that can be detrimental to the paint. Your kids in the back seat may have no patience for a full car wash! To quickly handle the mess without having to wash your entire car, you can use a product like Meguiar’s ® Ultimate Quik Detailer to easily remove it before it becomes a more serious issue. Since regular washes might not be a priority during the busy summer months, Meguiar’s experts also recommend keeping a bottle of Meguiar’s ® Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax in the trunk. This handy product is easy to use: simply mist and gently wipe away with a clean microfiber towel to remove road grime, while also adding protection while on the road.
- Neutralize odor: We love them, but kids who have been playing outside or those still in diapers can leave behind unpleasant odors that linger inside cars for long periods of time, which is where Meguiar’s® Whole Car Air Re-Freshers come in handy. The odor-eliminating technology permanently rids the affected area of the odors and leaves behind a desirable scent of either Sparkling Berry, Spiced Wood, Spring Blossom, Citrus Grove, Summer Breeze or New Car.